“We are known as the Rhythm Rogues.”
Shadow (シャドー, Shadō) is the secondary antagonist of Space Channel 5 Part 2. He is the ground leader of the Rhythm Rogues.
Character Info Edit
Shadow is the mysterious field captain for Purge’s Rhythm Rogues. He follows any and all orders, teasing Ulala during her “Swingin’ Report Show” even when she wins. He is the Rhythm Rogues alter ego of Jaguar up until Report 5 in Space Channel 5 part 2.
Shadow is a bit of a flirt towards Ulala and is very loyal towards Purge. He’s playful at first towards the persistent reporter, then takes a bit of a nasty turn when he threatens her later on in the reports, such as in report 5, where he says “You aren't going any further, If you don’t understand no!"
Report 1: Ulala Back in Action!EditShadow debuts aboard a spaceship with an army of Rhythm Robots at his side. With them, he forces the people on the ship to dance. Those who aren’t taken away are left scattered around the spacecraft and are saved by Ulala once she struts onto the scene. Shadow faces Ulala three times before the show’s ‘intermission’ where he introduces Ulala and the real leader of the Rhythm Rogues, Purge. Shadow warps out before Ulala battles Kin, Kon, and Kan.
Report 2: Nature’s Revenge!Edit
Shadow reappears again at the Space Park, luring Ulala out onto a conveyor belt that malfunctions. He challenges her soon after she and the Space Children disembark from the runaway machinery. He prevents two children and one teacher from being rescued, forcing Ulala into another dance battle “before they melt”.
Shadow later shows up at near the end of Pon Piriri’s defeat, he challenges Ulala to a waltz battle. After his defeat he disappears for a moment giving a false sense of victory, then reappears shocking President Peace and teleporting away with him.
Report 4: The End for Space Channel 5?!Edit
Shadow and the Rhythm Rouges attack the Channel 5's headquarters and capture Space Michael, to save him, Ulala beat him during a dance battle, even with four BuffBots Shadow is unable to stop Ulala from saving Space Michael. Just as the duel ends, Shadow’s form flickers to that of a man in a black and white suit as he stumbles. He teleports away before Ulala can get a good look at him.
Report 5: The Spies Get Revenge!EditAfter Ulala and her teammates make it through Purge’s trap at the Mystery Zone, Shadow drops down from an opening in the ceiling of a room with four BuffBots. Together they are the Robotic Band: The Shadows and they take on the others in a Battle of the Bands.
It’s one heck of a show, although when Ulala’s team wins, Shadow flickers back to the same man Ulala saw before: Jaguar. Several screen pop up along the walls with Purge on them and the young genius strengthens the signal keeping Jaguar as Shadow. Jaguar screams in pain, warps in front of Ulala along with the BuffBots, and Purge asks if she wants to play a game.
‘Which one of them doesn’t belong?’ in which the BuffBots turn into Shadow Impostors and Ulala must use ‘the circle button beam’ on the Shadow/Jaguar that’s legit. Once Ulala fires enough blasts of her rescue beam, Jaguar, who nearly became free several times during the ‘game’, comes back for good.
Other appearances Edit
Shadow appears in Project X Zone 2 representing the rival unit even though in that game, he was somehow fighting off being brainwashed confirming he is the only character being a neutral character in the rival unit.
Shadow attacks consist of him summoning Rhythm Robots to attack the players, he first appears at Chapter 8: Dance Battle!
- Shadow is very similar to Reala from the NiGHTS series and Shadow the Hedgehog from the Sonic series, both series also owned by Sega, they are all black and red characters and just like Reala, Shadow is the right hand and loyal servent of the game's main antagonist who does most of his boss' work, and like Shadow the Hedgehog, his identity is kept as a secret until near the end of the game and of course, they share the same name.
- During the battle to save Space Michael in Report 4, Shadow's first battle segment consists of him performing the same move sequences Jaguar did in his first battle against Ulala in the first game.
- Many of his animations are identitacal to Jaguar's from the first game, such as his idle and dance animations.
- Shadow's official artwork in Project X Zone 2 appears to be trying to make him look like 3D.
- His "face" will light while performing a move.
- Ulala is the only one who knows that both Shadow and Jaguar are the same person since she saw his form flicker while rescuing Space Michael in the second game.