- Not what you're looking for? perhaps you meant the Space Diva with the same name.
"Oooh, How Delicious!"
Glitter (グリッター Gurittā) or Glitter the Great, is the main antagonist of Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! He is described as a mysterious and hungry space organism, Glitter past and origins are unknown and he appearantly just wants to absorb Groove Moxie non stopping.
Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! Edit
Not much about Glitter's past is known, though he is a space organism who appears to be absorbing way too much Groove Moxie across the Galaxy simply because he enjoys it.
He can inject X space cells into living beings, making them his minions.
A Chorus in White Edit
Glitter first appears during a cutscene before the report begins as he thanks the Morolians for all of Groove Moxie they gathered in the previous report, as a form of "gratitute" he injects X space cells into them, turning the Morolians into Othermoros, Glitter isn't seen again during the reporter, though his spaceship can be seen at the beginning abducting people, it's also revealed that Glitter injected X space cells into Coco★Tapiocas off screen, turning into Other★Tapiocas.
The Final Report Edit
Glitter didn't appear in the previous report, The Pirates Showdown, though he was inside his spaceship which captured all of the reporters but Jaguar, Lou, and Kee his hostages and absorbs their Groove Moxies, then Glitter appears to the player saying he is full, expecting no less considering he absorbed Ulala's Groove Moxie, however he still wants more and starts a fight against the player with Othermoros assisting him.
The first battle consists of Glitter singing and attacking the player while the Othermoros do the dancing moves, Mr. Gentle assists the player by singing and saying the moves they are doing, after a while the Jaguars advice the player to start shooting and they replace Mr. Gentle during the singing parts, later, Jaguar himself will invade Gittler's ship and assists the player at saving the hostages, once the last hostage, that is Ulala, is saved, one last battle where the characters sing by copying the Othermoros poses will happen, after defeating Glitter, the Othermoros will turn back into Morolians and will join forces with the heroes, together, they will all unite their Groove Moxie to make one fantastic force capable of defeating Glitter, it's later revealed that Glitter was actually possesing a Space Diva with the same name, once she is freed, Glitter flees from the scene, he later appears one last time during the credits next to the Space Diva.
Glitter according to the official website:
A mysterious being that wanders the universe in search of its favorite treat: Groove Moxie.
In-Game Profile (Glitter True Form/Space Cell X) Edit
A mysterious being that wanders the universe in search of it's favorite treat: Groove Moxie. It acts not out of any desire to invade or destroy, but purely to satisfy it's appetite.
In-Game Profile (Great Glitter Form) Edit
Glitter's form after experiencing radical growth following the consumption of a tremendous amount of Groove Moxie. It is truly majestic being that surpasses any notion of race or gender, and one that desires nothing more than to devour all the Groove Moxie in the universe.
Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! Edit
- "Let's eat!"
- "You can call me Glit-ter!"
- "Gonna consume all your Groove Moxie!"
- "No one in the Galaxy can stop my appetite!"
- "Time to dig in!"
- "In my stomach?"
- "What is the big deal? I just want some meal!"
- Glitter's spaceship is huge, considering Jaguar's ship can fit inside of it.
- Like Purge from Space Channel 5 Part 2, Glitter appears to think what he is doing isn't wrong, considering he says "What is the big deal? I just want some meal!" when he was about to be defeated.
- Purge however, wanted to do something he thought was the best for the Galaxy, Glitter was just trying to please himself, not caring for anything else.
- Despite that, he was very aware he was mutating the Morolians and making his hostages suffer, Glitter appears to simply lack sympathy.
- Glitter's english voice actor, Greg Chun, is also the voice of Wuying Ren in Shenmue III and Ike in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- His japanese voice actor, Ryōtarō Okiayu, voices Byakuya Kuchiki from the Bleach series, Alucard from the Castlevania series and all three of the Mii Fighters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as well as the Zero and the Alucard assist trophies. He is also famous for voicing Terra from the Kingdom Hearts Series and Setzer Gabbiani from Final Fantasy VI
- Much like Shinichiro Tachibana, Glitter is the only known character of his species.
- Glitter is the first and so far only antagonist to successfully capture Ulala, 88MAN and Shinichiro Tachibana and the second to capture Pudding.
- Glitter is the first and only major antagonist to not be launched into space after being defeated, instead, he simply flees from the scene.
- Glitter is the first and only major antagonist to not be a human.
- Glitter has an unique way of brainwashing, instead of shooting some type of laser beam which makes the victims start dancing, he injects cells which not only brainwash his victims, but also give them different colors.
- Like a parasitic creature, Glitter latches onto his victim, which is a Space Diva who shares the same name, and brainwashes the person by injecting the X Space Cell onto the victim's head and giving the person a different color scheme.
- Much like the final boss from Space Channel 5 Part 2, Glitter's minions assist him during the singing parts of his boss battle.
- The first part of Glitter's boss battle theme is a remix of the Kin, Kon and Kan boss battle theme, the second part is a remix of Connected Hearts (Purge the Great boss battle theme) both themes originally from Space Channel 5 Part 2.
- His first two quotes at the beggining of his battle are also similar to Purge's first two quotes at the beggining of the Kin, Kon and Kan battle, first they both introduce themselves, Purge says "They call me Purge!" while Glitter says "You can call me Glit-ter!", then they say what their goals are, Purge says "I'll make the Galaxy dance for me!" while Glitter says "Gonna consume all your Groove Moxie!".
- During his battle, the Othermoros do stomping sounds and clap while dancing, these sounds they do, are reused sound files from Space Channel 5 Part 2, which can be heard during the Kin, Kon and Kan boss battle when Ulala and the rescued hostages celebrate for damaging the robots.